CompuSharp Profile - Power Systems Protection
Compusharp has extensive experience in the development of Protective relay settings for all Electrical equipment
in Bulk Electric Power System (BEPS), with voltage ranging up to 500kV. Our experience includes work with Electromechanical,
static and microprocessor relay from different manufacturers. Some of the key experiences are:
- Modeling the Bulk Electric Power System in ASPEN and CAPE
- Evaluating the existing protection system and identifying the required relay upgrades in the system
- Performing fault studies and coordination studies in developing relay schemes best suiting to the system
Experience in developing the relay settings for
- Line Protection – Distance or Differential protection, DCB or DCUB scheme, via Fiber or PLC, understanding of applicable NERC/FERC
- Transformer Differential Protection
- Bus Protection
- Breaker Control – Breaker Failure, Sync and Reclosing
- Capacitor Protection
- Extensive experience in developing settings for modern microprocessor or legacy relays
- Projects involving compliance works like PRC-001, PRC-005, PRC -023, FAC-009, etc.
- Database Cleansing and re-synchronization.
CompuSharp Profile - Power Systems Protection and Communication
CompuSharp has Engineers with experience in working in managing hardware and software configuration of several types of
substation automation devices including GE RTU’s D20, D200, D25, D400 substation gateway or data manager and SEL and ORION
The experience includes:
Configuration of Orion communication processor involving configuration of ports, addition of all the relay data points and logic operations
in Orion. The logic operations on any input and output point and the configuration in the Orion is done using NovaTech Communication Director.
The RTU configuration involves:
Updating RTU database with I/O peripherals and relay data points.
Setting new communication channel for the communication processor which collects data from the relays.
Different protocol configuration for data collection application and data processing applications in RTU like DNP3, Modbus, S9000, 8979.
Configuration of D400 involving adding all the data points communicating on different protocols from various substation devices like RTU, IED,
relays and system communication status points.
Configuration of data in D400S is categorized in to Analogs, Status, SOE, counters, Digital outputs, analog outputs, and alarms.